Busy, Busy, Busy part 1

Here at Glory Days Automotive Restoration we have been extremely busy trying to finish up both the 1964 Impala SS and 1972 Chevy Pickup (project Eugene). While brining in two new customers. On May 26th I drove to Topeka, Kansas to retrieve a 1963 MGB Roadster, then the 27th I drove to Hutchinson, Kansas to retrieve a 1960 Willys Jeep pickup.

DSC00724-1

DSC00725-1
DSC00726-1
DSC00727-1
DSC00469-1
DSC00631-1
DSC00632-1

May 26th, was a busy day, because while I was driving to Topeka a new employee Jason Maskrid, started working for us. We see him being a valuable asset to the company with 20 year experience working in the collision field and owning his own business. Jason’s passion is painting, so is happiest when he is in the paint booth.

The project Jason has been working on for us is the 1963 MGB Roadster. A restoration project that was started by another shop, that we are going to finish. Jason has been working on the MGB now for three weeks and we are finding ourselves having to go back and make repairs to the work that has already been done. Sometimes taking over another companies restoration project can be a challenge. Different shop have different ways and techniques for reaching an end result.  The best way to explain might be to say “there is more than one way to skin a cat”. Did the previous company do the work correctly? I won’t tell you they didn’t. I will say that more often then not many companies are working for speed versus quality. It all depends on the customers wishes. The owner of this particular car wants a laser straight body with ripples or waives and no orange peel. He would like his car to be as nice as possible. The previous work we are finding on his MGB might be ok for some people but would not have achieved the level of quality he desires.

DSC00633-1

DSC00634-1

DSC00635-1

DSC00636-1

The 1960 Willys Jeep, also another vehicle started by another company that we might finish for the customer. So far all that has been done is a thorough inspection of the Jeep both cosmetically and mechanically. A bid was written explaining our findings now we are waiting on the customers response.

DSC00639-1

DSC00640-1

DSC00638-1

May 1st Eugene update

May 1st project Eugene update   (click on title to watch video on facebook)
I have been actively working on project Eugene for the past two months trying to have it completely in paint for the McPherson College car show. Unfortunately do to some set backs Eugene will not be making it to the show this year, but if any one would like to see Eugene in person, check out our new facility, and see the other project I have been working on. Just say the word, let me know. Your always welcome. — with David Hamlin.

January 2009

Initially the owner of Eugene started repairing the outer rocker panels on the trunk in a sheet metal restoration class being offered during a interterm class at McPherson college. Once the cab was removed from the frame it was discovered how much rust the truck actually had. In a short three weeks the students replace both inner and outer rocker panels, rear cab corners, front and rear cab mounts, rear cross member, and both left and right floor braces.

 Saturday, November 21st 2009 

 This 1972 Chevrolet C10 is our project Eugene. The photo was taken around six years ago obviously prior to any work being performed on it. Originally Glory Days Automotive Restoration was contracted to finish some sheet metal working that had been started and painting the truck.

Glory Days Automotive Restoration and Repair

Get in touch with us!